Thanks for taking a peek!

Here or there, taking time to place the written word that is in the air down on paper.

Friday, January 5, 2007

So, Here I go....

I just recently found out that my sister's blog is source of enjoyment for several of my friends. so, I thought I'd try my hand at this writing thing, again. Yes, I think it was the beginning of the summer my older sister helped me set up a blog site and I went to it 2-3 times and then never again. In fact, I even forgot my site web address. Sad, it ids true. But I think I was busy doing so many things that I never had time to read my sisters blog let alone write my own.

Today, I have done all of nothing. I feel like the weather, doom and gloom. I really can't shake this sinus thing. I just feel so tired today. Yesterday, I did so much around the house. I had wonderful help from my younger sister. We were busy decorating the house after having taken ALL the holiday decorations or shall I say the nick knacks down. Sadly, I still have the ornaments on all three trees to take down, too. But the house is back to normal as far as the day-to-day decorations getting back up! A big thanks to my sister. Because, now that I think about it, I wasn't motivated yesterday either and if she wasn't here to make me think about getting things done, I NEVER WOULD HAVE DONE A THING! My older sister is keeping her Christmas decorations up 'til the 15th b/c she is having friends over for a late holiday gathering. I suppose she will have many of my same feelings about NOT wanting to take the decorations down. Why is that? I can't wait to get it all out all over the house making me feel in the mood ever second of every day b/c the holiday cheer is all around me!! I guess maybe it is b/c I have so much of it! But change is good. The house decorations get a change for a short period for Christmas and then another change for clean up. Yes, change is good. As a child I was always rearranging my room and all the rooms in my house. It is kind of funny thinking back to those days. I remember I would change things around in the den so much that I whenever I would start to do it I would make sure no one was home to scold me about doing it, and then hurry to get it done before anyone got home. I would do the same thing to my own mothers room too! Sometimes, I would recruit my friends to help and many of them were crazy enough to do it with me. My mom was appreciative, but probably thought I was crazy! And then off I went to college, and my roommates and I would do the same thing...move things around at least 2-3 a semester. It always felt like a fresh clean start every time. Even when we get things together yesterday. When I went to bed last night, I felt a sense of a fresh clean start! Thanks for that feeling.
Well, I will try to get the things on the dining room table packed up and then tackle the trees. Hopefully, I will get that accomplished-fresh-clean start-feeling again, soon.

We will see!

No comments: